Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #12686 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
The Nightmare Before Christmas

This was easily my favourtie movie as a child. When I was 6 I dressed up as Jack Skellington for Halloween and I seriously wore down my cassette tape of all the songs. However for whatever reason I never bought it on DVD when I started collecting those so I can't remember the last time I saw it, and when I saw Netflix had it I decided to give it a go. I can't believe I still remember all the words to the songs and even a decent amount of lines. I'm definitely going to grab the score though, it sounds like great music to put on while studying or reading. That said though, you really can see how far the claymation style has come in recent years, especially with what Laika Studios have been doing with 3D printing. Still there's a certain quaint charm that The Nightmare Before Christmas still exhibits and for 1993 it still looks great, but a little frayed around the edges when compared to Coraline or ParaNorman.
I loved this movie dearly until I was in a stage adaptation of it. I really regret doing that, actually. It really soured the whole film for me - the show itself was a very trying and tumultuous ordeal, and I had a lot going on backstage with others in the show that tarnished it.

I did love it, though. Dark and happy at the same time.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote