Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Collection ICU
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ghost Jam
Music Addict

Default Music Collection ICU

Trapped somewhere within the depths of an old hard drive lives the genie of my music collection...a longtime labor of love developed over decades and included over 1500 albums...including a library within a library of long sought after New Order remixes, Smiths b-sides, Fall Peel sessions and the like.

At least for the moment, and for the immediate future, there it will remain...lost, cold and lonely.

In the meantime, I have been able to acquire a (very nice) refurbished Macbook with a wide open digital landscape of disc space available to brutally violate with whatever sounds I am able to shore up.

As it turns out, the Denver Public Library has a rather surprising number of excellent discs.

What I've realized about all of this is that to some extent I've actually been a bit trapped within my old music collection to a disturbing measure.

If there's lemon aide to be made out of this bushel of sonic lemons, it's that the experience of losing my music has forced me to branch out and dip into uncharted waters...not to mention offered me the opportunity to write mixed metaphors about it all on an online forum.

Anyway, my newfound love for Girls, Frank Zappa and J Boogie's Dubtronic Science has my lost collection to thank.

Anyone else ever experience this? And if so did you similarly find yourself open to stuff you hadn't even realized you were kinda shutting out before?

-Ghost Jam finally has posted 15 posts and can now post URL's
Ghost Jam is offline   Reply With Quote