Music Banter - View Single Post - Noteworthy roots & Americana albums
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

> I`d be very interested to hear your impressions of Americana, Chives, as your exploration of Dylan`s albums seems to`ve run out of steam recently.

> Americana is such a huge genre these days and its musical boundaries are pretty blurred, I believe. Gavin B`s list stops at 1989, and since then Americana has developed a whole new dark and dirty side that those innocent Byrds never dreamed of. I`d be more than happy to trade comments and questions in this thread.

> I haven`t heard much of of those two RC albums you mention, but I know to my cost that sometimes RC is just too eclectic - he revives material that perhaps had been left in obscurity for a reason ...
The compilation album tracklist was put together by RC`s son, so you can hear some genuine highlights, as well as his dad`s personal favourites, all in one place. I hope you can find it, and enjoy it; at any event it might provide some light relief after all that Dylan material you`ve been wading through !