Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #12692 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

i love seeing the old greats in the theater....Psycho is just so damn good on the big screen

Les Misérables

wow!

being a fan of the musical i had high hopes with this film and man were they met.....everybody gave stellar performances, the sets were breath taking, the direction damn near flawless....just everything about this amazing musical was brought to the big screen perfectly....as i predicted the stand out performances were of Anne Hathaway....who plays Fantine so heart breathtakingly that every moment she is on screen caused nothing but heart ache and tears....seriously when she sings "I Dreamed A Dream" the theater flooded! and the performance of Samantha Barks as Éponine...who in my opinion gave a flawless performance as my favorite character and just crushed the amazing song "On my Own"...again national disaster relief had to be brought to the theater....both Russel Crowe and Hugh Jackman were wonderful and played off of each other so well....and of course Sasha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter were perfect in roles that seemed to practically be written for them

i honestly feel that even if you do not know the story or are not a fan of the musical you could go into this and walk out fulfilled....albeit dehydrated

if i did not have to work i would be at the theater right now watching this again

also

Django Unchained

i loved it....hilarious and over the top as always with Tarrentino...great performances....i agree that it's not his best....but it was a riot none the less

sorry in pales in comparison to Les Misérables
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote