Music Banter - View Single Post - Illmatic - is it worth the hype?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Strange, eh? Let me attempt to clarify my thoughts for you then.

Please forget my use of the word 'conjure' if you think that I mean 'emulate' or, to dumb it down further, to 'sound similar to' because what I mean is that Nas on Illmatic represented a natural progression of hip-hop MCs. You don't need to respect the originators of hip-hop. I see that it's all just a bit of fun for you. But the original artists were actually historically and artistically important, believe it or not. And Nas (on Illmatic) made his mark on hip-hop's history because he has a talent for the thing. Ignore that history if you want. It's just intellectual stuff like the timeline of rap that I am talking about.

What I meant by 'knowledgeable rap fan' is one who knows and respects hip-hop's origins. You are, of course, free to ignore that old stuff and just listen to whatever strikes your fancy but it definitely shows a lack of depth of your understanding of the genre if you don't care about the originators. And you, Goofle, are really young and inexperienced with music so I don't expect you to know or care much about the rap masters. That's fine. Just go rock out and have fun. I realize that there is too much good music out there for you to care about all of it.
I don't think their is a quantifiable scale of measurement that could accurately calculate the levels of douchebaggery on display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote