Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #18755 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

I just finished listening to Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture", "Marche Slave" and "Romeo and Juliet Fantasy" on vinyl, since we just got a turntable. Let me tell you that there is NOTHING like listening to classical music on a vinyl record.

Performed by the New York Philharmonic, and obviously conducted by the late great Leonard Bernstein:

Here's the back. There's a short history written up about each of the pieces featured here, that fits nicely on the jacket, which is definitely something you do not get with a CD:

And the record itself:

This was given to me by my dad, who used to listen to a lot of classical music and had a huge collection of vinyl that was all classical stuff. He had actually sold off that collection (which he regrets now because he would have preferred to give it all to me). But my parents are currently going through all the albums they own right now, and there are A LOT. My dad found this stray from his old classical collection and said I could have it, and anything else he might find. I think he bought it in the 1980's.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote