Music Banter - View Single Post - Children killed in Connecticut school shooting (likely 27 dead,including 18 children)
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #435 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
The **** are you talking about? The Crimean War? Germany's wars of unification and almost constantly fighting with France? Napoleon? The French Revolution? And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Europe's countries have pretty much constantly been at war with each other until the last half century. I might also add that the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 were about fighting European colonialism and aggression, so I think you get the blame for those as well.
What I'm talking about is that these wars were part and parcel of European culture and had been fought over several centuries and were very much part of the European identity, therefore European society was accustomed to fighting these wars. The USA as a country has had far less time to absorb those wars.

Quote:
So, WWII doesn't count? That's bull****. It was still an extension of Europe's imperialism, and along with WWI put any war we ever started to shame with a nail-spiked bat to the face.
It doesn't count if we're talking about imperialism as being the major cause. Facism, Nazism and Communism are different concepts to imperialism and were the major causes of WWII, far more so than imperialism ever was, as far as the European powers go.

Quote:
Bull. ****. You had peace after WWII because your countries were too ravaged to defend your imperialist empires. Which didn't stop them from trying. France's war in Vietnam ring a bell?
France's war in Vietnam is a bad example, as it was already part of French Indochina and the French were just trying like the British to hold onto their existing colonies before giving up on them.

Quote:
Yeah, we have now filled your place and do what you used to do. You don't get credit for that.
You're welcome.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 01-03-2013 at 04:28 AM.