Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batcave: Where The Batlord Sits On His Bat-Throne Plotting His Bat-Schemes
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #43 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm PMing you about this because I sort of have to stay in character in the thread, and this would sort of kill that. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm gonna do another one since the joke may have been taken to it's logical conclusion already. The only way to expand on it would be to make a longer one, and the first one's shortness is hard to replicate in a longer one and might just jump the shark. I already tried writing another one and it sort of fell apart. I've got a bitchin' first chapter though that makes me want to try again sometime. Maybe I'll just post it like a bonus track or something.
My advice is to mix up your journal, but keep the epics and maybe try and tie them into a really big epic, just think of Wheel of Time which you know well and how slow and fleshed out that was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'd begun to think that nobody was reading this thread anymore. That my brilliance was but pearls before poseur swine. I have been pleasantly surprised, but I am watching you.
If you start a journal and are relying on people making comments then you're going to be disappointed, most people just read and don't comment! As for mine, I just did it to finally get all my musical ideas down on paper (so to speak) and express something that I'm really interested in. I have a few friends who are not members of this forum, but they still read my journal and comment to me about it, along with people that make comments about it on here. So it gets enough attention from others.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote