Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012 a reflection....in 17 Movements
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

8. Jastreb - Jastreb

a message from the band

"Hailing from 13th century, these mystical troubadours failed to destroy the Earth in an apocalyptic event gone horribly awry.
After this failure, making music seemed the only way to get cosmic redemption and women.
By opening a diabolical rift and traveling to the future, they escaped the Catholic inquisition and are now getting ready for a second attempt at the aforementioned apocalyptic event."

in reality this band consists of members of Seven That Spells and members of Der Blutharsch and the Infinite Church of the Leading Hand....their debut album is one 40 minute track of absolute kraut rock repetition intermixed with despondent doom....this is the perfect soundtrack for the end of the world

Top Track
Yggdrasil

9. The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Meat + Bone

this album is proof that sometimes back to basics is the only way to go....12 awesome tracks of blasting fuzzed out blues rock that only Jon Spencer can deliver....no watered down crap here....Jon gets back to screaming his vocals rather than attempting to sing them....the tracks are simple and fun....a great return of a great band

Top Tracks
Strange Baby
Boot Cuts

10. Unsane - Wreck

2010's Coextinction ep was a perfect little tease as to what this album would be like....Unsane is by far one of my all time favorite bands....and will always be...this album is much better than their last two albums...which is saying a lot considering they were among the best of their respective years....and this album is no different.....if you are actually reading this and have never heard Unsane....i would honestly say that this album is actually a good place to start....i also suggest driving fast and playing this at full volume

Top Tracks
No Chance
Pigeon

11. Pigs - You Ruin Everything

1 part Unsane, 1 part Slughog and with a squeeze of freshkills....and you get Pigs....seriously i've been reading about this combination for years and waiting and waiting and waiting for a release...it seemed like it was a wasted side project till last year when they release a two song ep on Coextinction...which fucking rocked....this album is no exception to that....i love the fact that Dave took up guitar....so it really seperated from the sound of Unsane and really creates something new while actually still keeping the intensity....the is noise rock 101 class...prepare to bleed

Top Tracks
Outburst Calendar
Scrum

12. Ufomammut - ORO: Opus Primum/Alter

i decided to combine these two albums as i feel they are a continuous concept.....one released in April and one later in September...these albums are an amazing example of the power of this Italian band....a perfect journey into the dark and dirty corners of psychedelic music....sludgy, slow, groovy.....i think i leans towards the second album...but i really think that neither should be ignored...makes me wish i did drugs too be honest...i can imaging how great these would be while under the influence

Top Tracks
Primum
Aureum
Magickon
Sulphurdew
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote