Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012 a reflection....in 17 Movements
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

13. Heldentod - The Ghost Machine

putting aside their neofolk/martial industrial roots and concentrating on dark death filled harsh electronic compositions....Heldentod's third release is a frightening and unrelenting journey into misanthropic nightmares....i find it hard these days to truly find good albums by power electronic groups....its one thing to make harsh pummeling noises that attack the listener more than entertain them....it's another thing to make this sound good....this album is a perfect example of the latter.....the soundscapes are mean, painful and dark....and while being unrelenting....there is a certain amount of serenity there....this album also has some very interesting vocal manipulation....for anybody even remotely interested in ancestor worship/ghosts/death industrial music....

Top Tracks
The Ghost Machine
In The Company Of Pure Cold Wind

14. OM - Advaitic Songs

a while back i mentioned that i would take an OM album over a High on Fire album any day.....this album just strengthens my claim....i think calling this doom or stoner metal is a bit off but kind of makes sense....there seems to me to be a certain amount of spirituality here that i feel the band has always been striving for....what we get is a beautiful and somewhat droning album with amazing string instrument arrangements...personally i think this is their best album since their first

Top Tracks
Gethsemane
Haqq al-Yaqin

15. Jess And The Ancient Ones - Jess And The Ancient Ones

a while back i came across an article talking about the new uprising of "occult rock"....i took a bit of interest and as it turned out i had been listening to it for some time....that article suggested listening to this band from Finland....and it was well worth it....you get some great psychedelic hard rock that is nothing short of fun....with wonderful vocals from Jess....and some real witchy lyrics....overall it's just a damn good rock record

Top Tracks
13th Breath Of The Zodiac
Prayer For Death And Fire
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote