Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #12709 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No it wouldn't. Not on current form...
Anyone who went to see "Ted" expecting anything other than a rehash of FG jokes and a lot of crude humour was just kidding themselves, it would seem. I didnt see it but even I can guess how it went. I have no desire to see such a movie, but if you went expecting anything other than another sacrifice at the altar of Seth MacFarlane's ego, more fool you...
I didn't expect Ted to be anything but Family Guy in a different format and nor do I think I ever stated that I did. The only way Ted disappointed was by being, in my opinion, more boring than Family Guy. I expected it to be about as much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I saw the Hobbit.
I got exactly what I was expecting to get - a kids story that would like to be a video game. The part when they were running around the goblin king mines, it looked like a freaking platformer.
Guilermo del Toro should have done this, it would be a lot darker and less silly. Or maybe Monty Python back in the day, now that would be something.
4/10
Well, it is a kids story. I get what you mean about exaggerated CG, though, and I also prefer latex and ketchup. As for the exaggerated action scenes, it did get a bit hectic, but at least I feel it fits somewhat with the fact that, unlike LOTR which is more of an account of simply what goes on, The Hobbit is supposed to be told (well, written) by Bilbo who is free to exaggerate and fantasize as he wants.

Last edited by Guybrush; 01-03-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote