Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #4075 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but although in terms of years I may have been following football longer than some/many of you, I follow it quite passively, as it were. My Saturday night in front of MOTD, FLS and Sunday then for MOTD2 is about it. I'll watch the Irish internationals when they're on (if I need a laugh!) and even when the European Champions or World Cup is on I won't watch every match, and even the ones I do I watch mostly in ff thanks to the miracle of Sky Plus!

I don't want CL really ever and I don't keep up with the football transfer news, so it's constantly a surprise to me to see someone who last week was playing for, say, Newcastle, listed in the Norwich line up, or whatever. I couldn't tell you statistics or anything like that, and I only know the prem foreign (as it were) players from when they play here, as in, unlike you guys I couldn't say that player X when he joins say United was brilliant in Athletico or whatever.

So longer in years, maybe. Older almost certainly (b 1963) but more knowledgeable about football, definitely not. I bow to your younger expertise

However I do remember Viera and recall him having a problem with temper or something that got him sent off often and meant he was a bit of a Collymore or an Anelka when he went from club to club. Not the mark of one of the best players in the game, even in England.

Now, where's my cup of milky tea before bedtime? Yawn!