Music Banter - View Single Post - John mayer - Blues or Soft Rock
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozcrooz View Post
Yeah he should just pretend to be something he's not and pay people to write politicly correct responses to every question he gets asked. Whether its what he thinks or believes is irrelevant as long as it caters to peoples owns beliefs in how someone should conduct theirself. If you dont like his music cool, but I dont see what type of person he is really has to do with that. If he straightens his self up in what the majority would deem acceptable standards of living, does that make his music any better? No. That was the point I was trying to make earlier and how Hendrix and SRV got brought up. Talent isn't more readily availible to someone because their "such a nice person" Has nothing what so ever to do with it.
Pop fans, for them image, theartrical performance on stage and off stage antics of their favorite performer is almost inseparable as to why they like their music. Sometimes image, attitude, talent, reputataion & consistancy in making good music (and even personality & person life) is all part and parcel how people view musicians and artist, and why they like them or even don't like them. It's something people do, whether it's done in forming a positive or negative opinion of peformer. What they do outside of playing and recording music (of course) has nothing to do with what it sounds like. But it's people's general veiw point incorperates all kind of things. Someone might like Lady Gaga for her fashion choices, and that has nothing to do with what her songs sounds like. I don't know how anyone would think fashion makes music sound better. So the same with John Mayer, [true] what he does outside of playing, doesn't make a difference with if he makes good music or not. But it doesn't improve the overall opinion of him either.

I didn't like what I heard from John Mayer when I first heard him, my opinion hasn't changed. Finding about weird **** he says hasn't changed it either. I agree with you that any jerk face can be talented. But tbh I don't see John Mayer as talented judging from what I heard. If enough people insist he is, well then I would have to say he has a reputation of being talented.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote