Music Banter - View Single Post - A New Turkish Song Everyday
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Talking

Hey all, this thread hasn't gotten much attention from the OP, but I'm happy to pick up where he left off.

My boyfriend is from the Muğla region of Turkey, where this song (and dance) is gold. All young men and women from the area learn the Kerimoğlu dance and song, although there are a variety of versions. I'm told this is one of the best on youtube, but feel free to disagree!

The song's lyrics are about the changes in the landscape, flora, and fauna...the old wise men and the deer have left the mountains.

That's enough traditional stuff for now, although I have plenty more where that came from if anyone is interested.

Here's a super popular pop-dance song that you can hear everywhere in Turkey at the moment... I believe the melody is sampled/copied from something, but not sure what. Let me know if you know.

Gökçe is an extremely famous pop star in Turkey. I like the horn sounds in this track, and also the catchy fast lyrics. The song is about having one's heart thrown back and forth...being lied to, etc.
Enjoy!

misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote