Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West : My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #220 (permalink)
Ghost Jam
Music Addict

I just finished reading most of this thread re My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

I'm certainly not what you would call a student of hip-hop, but as a long time fan of records such as It Takes a Nation of Millions..., Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), the Low End Theory, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Madvillainy and Ready to Die to name a few...I'm willing to say I have my chops and something to say about hip-hop records.

That said, I won't hesitate to place My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy smack in the middle of that list.

It's a stunning record.

It has its weaknesses, and they are appropriately addressed throughout this thread (i.e.; lyrically, vocally) as each of the above mentioned do as well, but as a whole the album can be considered a classic, without a doubt.

I'll say more about it, as I think I'll use MBDTF as the subject for my first review on MB, but I find it difficult to argue against this album as being anything other than a masterpiece.

-Motivated Ghost Jam
Ghost Jam is offline   Reply With Quote