Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #21878 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Well, after getting all excited about my new flatscreen it arrived, bang on time, but by the time I got round to installing it it was evening (busy day). Trying to put the stand together (seriously, how hard can that be? Read on in wonder...) and the screws just didn't seem to want to go in easily. So I gave a bit of pressure and they went in, about 95% of the way. The stand was still less than solid though, so dark forebodings were on the horizon.

When I finally had the stand finished, I put the telly on it and lo and behold! forward it did tilt! Consulting the instructions I was advised "fasten the screws securely or the set will tilt forward, but don't put too much pressure on them." I mean, what? Which do I do? So anyway I seemed to have screwed (ergh!) it up.

Brought the stand back to where I bought the telly and was advised I had "busted the heads on the screws", and the guy looked at me as if I was an idiot. I only followed the instructions, I defensively told him, and he said I must have used the wrong drill bit. No, I told him, I used an old manual screwdriver and elbow grease. "Yeah," he nodded, "You put too much pressure on the screws." Duh!

So I had to leave the stand in with them for " a few days" to get the screws out and then reset, and they'll let me know when it's ready. Back home I trudged, had to package up the shiny new TV and put it away safely. Thought of reinstalling my old CRT but couldn't be bothered going to all the hassle of re-establishing all the connections and hauling the damn thing back from the spare room again, all for a day or two.

So now I'm currently tellyless, watching TV on my PC. What a day!