Music Banter - View Single Post - The MusicBanter Cool 100
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

92. SPACED

Spaced is the story of 2 twentysomethings called Tim & Daisy who in desperation pretend to be boyfriend & girlfriend to rent a place to live. Written by Simon Pegg & Egdar Wright (The people resposable for Shaun Of The Dead) This for me is one of the best sitcoms in the last few years.The characters are ...

Tim Bisley (Simon Pegg) - A 28 year old comic artist who works in a comic store, crap skateboarder.Star Wars fan with a hatred of The Phantom Menace & Jar Jar Binks

Daisy Steiner (Jessica Stevenson)- Wannabe journalist who thinks of herself as some sort of bohemian writer, can`t hold a job down to save her life.

Mike Watt (Nick Frost) - Tim`s army obsessed childhood friend, was thrown out of the terratorial army for comendeering a tank & trying to single handedly invade paris.

Masha Klein (Julia Deakin) - Tim & Daisy`s landlady , acid casualty groupie from the 60s, tries to get off with anything in trousers.

Brian Topp (Mark Heap) - Lives in the flat below Tim & Daisy , pretentious tortured artist who paints pain , fear , anger etc etc.Has an 'arrangement' with Marsha about the rent.

Twist Morgan(Katy Carmicheal) - Daisy`s neurotic self centered best friend , works in fashion (A dry cleaners).

Basically just mentioning the plot of this doesn`t do it justice at all. One of the great things about this series is you can really see Pegg & Wrights love of movies. There are HUNDREDS of movie parodies in this but they are done in such a way they don`t become obtrusive to the stories , even the filming makes it look like a movie. None of the characters are unlikeable or annoying (Except Twist but she`s supposed to be)and come across as very normal despite some of their eccentricities.Some of my favouite moments include Tim & Mike building a robot to enter Robot Wars , Daisy going for an job interveiw at a high class womans magazine (called Flaps) and ending it by standing up & shouting 'GIRL POWER'.And the episode where Tim & Mike go paintballing & find themselves up against the guy who stole Tims girlfriend.Although my favouite moment is when Tim loses his job at the comic store for ranting at a little kid about wanting to buy a Jar Jar Binks figure he saved his pocket money for.

One of the best comedies on TV , I hope they make a 3rd series

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote