Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #739 (permalink)
seekn4
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdi View Post
seekn4, you make several good points, and I agree with you in many respects. But I wonder, you can't expect an atheist to really read the bible and study jesus by himself, can you?
I do understand that all you're asking for is more respect, though.
You are right, but I think that most people that are atheists are because their perceptions of God are based on religions interpretations of God and who God is and not the real God. I'm not really asking for respect its just there are people that claim to be logical and don't see for themselves the other side of the argument before making a decision, they will go to Wikipedia or latch onto some opinion they heard on tv and never see for themselves so they know for sure what is real and what isn't. Its just sad to me that most do go thru this life blinded because of their own egos. If these people were on trial for their life you bet they would want the jury to truely see their side of the argument before making a decision. And where us some truth to what blooz said, but in the bible, it says God is LOVE and yes a great deal of Christians use their interpretation of Gods word to justify their hate and that is bull****, we don't need the bible to know God, Gods spirit is within every human but we have to choose to follow it, our spirit wants to love and appreciate, you know that cause those are the best feeling emotions our body can produce, but ego, pride get in the way of that, most people argue in their mind trying to justify their anger instead of just wanting to feel good and following your spirit/heart. All emotions are felt in your heart.
seekn4 is offline   Reply With Quote