Music Banter - View Single Post - God is in your mind?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #741 (permalink)
seekn4
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
^^^

You're looking at it wrong. I'm not choosing between opposing sides of an argument. I'm taking up the logical position of waiting for sufficient evidence before I believe in something. So long as all I get is nonsense, inconclusive "evidence", and hearsay, I'm not gonna change my position. If that means that I'm missing out on something, then, oh well.
The problem with that mentality as far as pertaining to God is this. In every book of God on the planet,(the bible isn't the only one) God says you gave to believe to see, and the worldly attitude is " I have to see to believe". In all of the cultures holy books, it states you gave to be humble, and seek God with your entire heart and soul to find him, if you don't I guess you will never know for sure. If there is even a small possibility that your belief could heal a loved one with a terminal desease isn't that at least worth swallowing your pride and perusing. If you don't I guess you can't say you really loved anyone. There is evidence if you look for it, like it says "if you seek you will find" maybe check out a book called "the biology of belief" before writing off the power that is within us all. Quantum physics has proven that our thoughts and intention can actually change how the particles that make up our universe act. That should be enought evidence to at least make you curious enough to look for some more evidence, don't you think?
seekn4 is offline   Reply With Quote