Music Banter - View Single Post - Slipknot much better than all
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #176 (permalink)
Euronomus
Dibs on the killing sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
It's one of the only genres that requires a serious fan to put on this whole persona, attire and all.
Most of the metal world is like the WWF of music, all about acting as hardcore,menacing, and dark as possible, it's what puts me off of most metal. That said, there are a several awesome metal bands out there, but for the most part they are the ones who forgo the "Look at how Brvtal I am" posturing in exchange for something more reel and thoughtful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Music is art, its not science. It doesn't have to be complex to be good. I don't care if some guitarist can play 223689 notes in one second, if it sounds bad then its bad music.
Music is art and like all art it's subjective- what you think is bad others may find to be genius, you may not like technical guitar playing but that doesn't invalidate the style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Anybody with some music knowledge can just write random notes and play them in fast rhythm, but to make it sound good is what makes an artist.
No, playing like that takes a LOT of practice, knowledge, and dedication. If you think that what these musicians play is just random notes you're horribly off base and need to take a closer look.