Music Banter - View Single Post - Un-fellow Americans...lend us yer ears
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #100 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Where the fuck did you get Devil Among the Tailors from? I had to look that up.
From the movie A Hard Days Night, please don't tell me you never saw that movie and please don't tell me you never heard of The Beatles. It was in the scene when Ringo was in the pub and he put his pint down and it got smashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Also some of the above are actually games and not a sport. I guess you meant rounders instead of rounabouts, if you did then rounders is played by small kids and is a more intelligent version of baseball.
No, it's not rounders, but you know Blind Willie McTell sings of rounders in Little Delia. And a "rounder" is a traveling gambler.

It's called "Roundabouts" in Sid Sackson's The Book of Classic Board Games. I assumed it was a British game because of the name he used "Roundabouts" which are those silly pointless traffic circles you get stuck in like "Hey look kids, there's Big Ben, and there's Parliament" - Clark Griswold

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote