Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #36 (permalink)
Ghost Jam
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post
Ghost Jam, look, please don't tell me that my perspective on music is "misguided"...I just don't think they have enough musical merit to their name to justify being considered amongst the greatest bands of all time. I guess that's just my opinion.
But your perspective on music IS misguided. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it.

Dude you're missing something, as is anyone else hating on Nirvana.

They WERE among the greatest bands of all time, there is no question of that.

It's fine if you don't like it, but that has nothing to do with Nirvana's place in the scheme of it all.

You're right, they weren't the most musically "talented" of any bunch. No one is now or has ever claimed that, least of all the band themselves...and "talent" is by far the most expendable attribute to anything having to do with rock n' roll. If you don't know that then you have some growing up to do.

After 20+ years of music historians, rock critics and legions of fans that continue to sprout up with their OWN teenage angst and middle finger to the world around them regarding this band, I'm sorry guy, but you're really NOT the one who has suddenly unveiled the "folly" of Nirvana and has just now revealed to the world that they weren't really that cool.

They were (and are) that cool. You just have a crappy taste in music and think that hair bands were better.

"Ain't lookin' for NUUUTHIN'...BUT A GOOOD TIME! How CAN I...blah blah"

Seriously man you think that horse**** was better?

Whatever.

-Ghost Jam

Last edited by Ghost Jam; 01-07-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Ghost Jam is offline   Reply With Quote