Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #40 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Jam View Post
They WERE among the greatest bands of all time, there is no question of that.p
What on Earth are you talking about? Of course there is a question of whether or not a band is one of "the greatest bands of all time". Any band can be the best or the worst depending on subjective musical tastes. If you think that there is some objective taste in music that is superior to all others, then you need to "grow up".

Quote:
"talent" is by far the most expendable attribute to anything having to do with rock n' roll. If you don't know that then you have some growing up to do.
Not unless you're King Crimson, or someone who likes King Crimson or Genesis or whoever. I'm not the biggest prog fan by any means, but that doesn't mean that my subjective opinion of not particularly caring about a band's musical abilities should have any bearing on anyone else's opinion.

Quote:
After 20+ years of music historians, rock critics and legions of fans that continue to sprout up with their OWN teenage angst and middle finger to the world around them regarding this band, I'm sorry guy, but you're really NOT the one who has suddenly unveiled the "folly" of Nirvana and has just now revealed to the world that they weren't really that cool.
Sure they were influential, but what does that have to do with whether or not I should like them? If they don't appeal to me, then they don't appeal to me. It is what it is. It doesn't invalidate my own opinion any more than if I did like them. And I do like Nirvana BTW.

Quote:
They were (and are) that cool. You just have a crappy taste in music and think that hair bands were better.
Come on. You just told someone else to grow up, so how can you justify this childish statement? I'm not someone who is opposed to having a heated debate with someone over music, but your arrogant attitude is ridiculous.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote