Music Banter - View Single Post - My Music Journal (and many other things)
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #79 (permalink)
Key

Mini Highlight
Iron Maiden (Ev Vivo, The Final Frontier)

So, this Christmas, I wanted to get my dad something pretty cool. He's a huge fan of music DVD's, and I saw that Iron Maiden had released their new live DVD "En Vivo". It was conveniently on sale at the local Fred Meyer as I was getting my shopping done.

He was watching/listening to it last night, and I gotta say, they've still got it in them. Bruce Dickinson sounds amazing, and the rest of the band looks like they're having a great time. Lots of energy and great chemistry throughout the entire performance. They started off with one of my favorite newer releases "The Final Frontier"

I'm also going to be getting my dad a copy of The Final Frontier, because he told me he's never heard the album before, which doesn't surprise me since he's not really up to date on all that stuff, but he loves it when one of his favorite bands brings out something new. This'll give me an excuse to give the album another listen for myself, because I only gave it 3 or 4 listens when it was first released, than it sort of flew away, and I had totally forgotten about it until I saw the DVD.