Music Banter - View Single Post - A leap of faith!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
Okay Blaro, I've listened to all the tracks you posted, and I have to say the funeral doom is the most moving. It seriously sounds like death happened. Also, that raspy smoky voice puts the fun in the funeral, doesn't it?

The stoner metal and the sludge didn't really do it for me. Stoner metal is very headbangy. I do like the sound of the vocals but I'm not really loving the mechanic sound, which gives me the sensation of drowning or running. Sludge sounds like sludge...and that makes me uncomfortable. That doom jazz track feels a bit low key and anime soundtrack-like. There is definitely something haunting about it, though. Strange combo indeed, but I wish the jazzy bits were more upbeat.
Wow Poptart! I'm impressed, not man noobs to those genres could just dive in and have an opinion (other than scared and confused).

And dang, I would not expect you to enjoy Evoken the most out of the songs I posted... funeral doom is even too much for me most of the time, but hey, if you liked it, good for you! Check out the Metal Recommendation thread for more!

And yeah, as Batty said, mine are definitely not beginner's doom, there's a lot more friendly bands in the genre. For instance, Torche. They're mostly just a fun hard rock with lots of hooks and guitar solos, but they're also sludge and stoner metal (or at least they were at one time). I love 'em to death, and when I want to listen to something that's not depressing, they're usually my first choice.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote