Music Banter - View Single Post - backing tracks
Thread: backing tracks
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
stevevw
Groupie

Question backing tracks

i am a singer song writer and at the moment i am recording my songs on cubase. i have recorded a number of tracks with vocals, playing the acoustic guitar and adding in drum loops. i have pretty well got this right so far but have hit a dead end. i want to add other instruments in like a bass, keyboard or harp ect but dont know how i can do this. apart from learning the instruments or getting other musos to play is there a way where you can add them in through some sort of software. i know there is a vts option in cubase but i havnt got my head around this yet. is there a software that can add the instrument and track my original song and play to the beat and rythm. probably asking for to much but you never know. the drum loops are ok but they are constant so you have to keep time and theres no variation. i have learnt the bass and harp enough to play simple melodies and am trying to learn the keyboard. just want to add more instruments to my songs to give them more fullness. does anyone have a similar problem or better still has found a way to do this.
stevevw is offline   Reply With Quote