Music Banter - View Single Post - My Music Journal (and many other things)
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #80 (permalink)
Key

Surfer Girl (1963)

At first glance, I thought "holy hell, two albums in the same year?" but than I realized that that notion was crazy based on how good of an impression this album left upon first listen. I put off listening to The Beach Boys for a little while, because they can get a little overwhelming at first (at least in my experience) knowing how many more albums there are to listen to. But they do have a very refreshing and relaxing sound, evident in this one album alone. There was a nice sunny vacation feel to this album as their was with the others that i've listened to. And the title track Surfer Girl was a very nicely placed song that led me into a much more relaxing sit through. Personally, the one song that was above all the rest in this album had to be The Surfer Moon, I really like the slow pace it takes, makes it much easier to focus in on the vocals than anything else. I think i'll take some time away from The Beach Boys and listened to the next album in a week or so, because that seems to have a better effect than giving it all a listen as quick as possible. Not sure why that wasn't obvious before, but I tend to get over excited sometimes.