Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #51 (permalink)
Ghost Jam
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsko91daniel View Post
Nirvana was never my favorite band, but they did have great songs. Your strong opinions may stem from the fact that their music's become too mainstream to the point of being annoyingly ubiquitous.

Excessive mainstream exposure notwithstanding, I think they're a good band.
I mean that's clearly the thing, man. Hate for the sake of hate. It makes some people feel good to simply have a buncha hate for things that everyone else likes, because it makes them feel unique and different.

That works sometimes.

In the case of Nirvana, it's just stupid. It's like that other poster pointed out with the Beatles. You can simply switch the band names out and have the exact same threads of retarded hate.

On the subjective level, many of the posters in this thread are 100% correct. Nirvana isn't everyone's thing. I totally get that. There's nothing wrong with that.

But when you take YOUR subjectivity and attempt to apply it to something that has 20+ years of educated consensus of favor and use that subjectivity to try and tear it down, well...you're every bit the idiot you think you're exposing EVERYONE ELSE to be.

So that's that.

LIKE IT OR NOT, Nirvana WAS IN FACT one of the greatest bands of all time.

I'd put them in the top 5. Easy.

Eat it, Nirvana haters. Just ****ing EAT IT.

lol

-Teenaged Angst has Paid Off Well, but Now I'm Bored and Ghost Jam
Ghost Jam is offline   Reply With Quote