Music Banter - View Single Post - A leap of faith!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
Don't be impressed! I'm here because I'm obsessed with music and open to listen to anything at least once! Shouldn't everyone on MB be like that?
Oh, I so wish that was true.

Quote:
Okay enough facetiousness. I like the Torche! They do have a very optimistic sound for a metal band! Reminds me of a way more interesting Foo Fighters. "Roaming" is its title, but I'm imagining a slightly urgent roam. Perhaps "proactively searching for" could describe the track better :P I like!!

"Healer" is good too. The band really sounds familiar, like maybe I've heard some sounds in a different country that are similar. I see what you mean by "not depressing"--the tone of these two tracks is uplifting somehow! Short and sweet, also. Those 8+ minute tracks did a number on me.

Rock on. I'll be looking into this band!
Yeah, they have shades of grunge and other various 90's hard rock bands, but in the best way possible. Each of their releases is more fun and uplifting than the last. Their latest record (the one the first song comes from) rarely has a song that is longer than two minutes!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed them!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote