Music Banter - View Single Post - Dr. Dre Vs. Ice Cube Vs. Eazy-E
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #155 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrycaaant View Post
I dunno does a producer, produce? I haven't spent as much time as you learning everything obviously but I think I get the gist of it.
It doesn't sound like you do get the gist, based on your comments. Here's the gist for you: A producer is the person responsible for everything in the song that isn't the rapping. They're a large part of what makes the song what it is—frequently the largest part—not simply some generic replaceable background component as you seem to imply.

Quote:
I never said Ice Cube was a better producer. I don't believe I ever mentioned his production.
Never said you did. But this conversation is about the whole artist, not just rapping ability.

Quote:
Okay, so because I stood up for an album you were unfairly slating to try and look more obscure, I now by default must love every popular album.
Nope. You have it backwards. I'm just pointing out to you how ridiculous your accusations are about people "trying to look more obscure". If that applies to me because I don't like Kanye West, then it applies to you because you don't like Dr. Dre.

Quote:
I am not mad about the Chronic mainly because I don't like Dre's rapping style, he's just not that good at it.
Who cares about his rapping? Again we're looking at the whole artist here, and his production on that album is great. That's what people like about that album, not Dre's rapping.

Also, you do realize The Chronic isn't his only album, right? 2001 is his better album imo.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote