Music Banter - View Single Post - Uno, Dos, Tre - Green Day review
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Descendents
Groupie

Default Uno, Dos, Tre - Green Day review

I've loved punk rock for a very long time now. Probably since I was 6 or so. Green Day is what introduced me to this type of music. While they may not be the pop punk band they were back in the day, I still love them as they are still talented musicians. All they did was changed their styles.

Uno
Uno was an okay album. It certainly wasn't the best of the trilogy, but it's a pretty solid album. It was a mix of an American idiot feeling and a 21CB break down feeling, and some songs with styles of their own. Songs like Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem, Sweet 16, and Rusty James definitely made it one of the better Green Day albums though.

I'd rate it 6.5/10

Dos!
Billie Joe promised us it would be like the foxboro hottubs meeting hell, and it was. This album was badass for sure. The opening song was very misleading, though. I thought it'd be a very soft album because of that song. But I was wrong. As soon as those drums from **** Time kicked in, I got extremely excited to hear the rest. The album was great. The only thing a lot of Green Day fans seemed to hate about it was Nightlife, a rap song with a woman rapper. Being honest, I liked it. It was different, it was something I didn't expect to hear from them, and I thought they carried it out well.

8/10.

Tre!
My personal favorite of the whole trilogy. The opening song has a very 50's feel to it, but it's certainly a beautiful song, and I thought it was a good opening for the album. And being honest, every song on the album is really great. X-Kid being one of, if not the best, song of the whole trilogy. It blew me away. And there are two unique songs on here that I'd like to point out. Dirty rotten bastards, Green Day thought of it like Jesus of suburbia. I don't really agree with them on that, but it's still an amazing song. And The Forgotten. People hated, hated this song because it was featured in Twilight. But to be honest, I couldn't give less of a **** what movie it was played it. It was the best possible way to wrap everything up. It's just a beautiful song. If you haven't listened to it, I'd advice you to wait until you grab the album, so you can grasp the full effect of it wrapping up the whole trilogy. Best album of the trilogy, for sure.

9.5/10
Descendents is offline   Reply With Quote