Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #97 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I don't think it dilutes their quality, the band is what it is, but it certainly can make you sick and tired of hearing about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
There were plenty of bands that played louder faster harder and/or better than Nirvana. Unfortunately they have less recognition than the Melvins and no one brings them up. So I don't buy that idea "fame = diluted quality."
When I say dilute, I'm referring to the fact that a lot of people go off certain bands when they become famous, because they get fed up hearing the band on the radio or tv etc. Quite often they defend their opinion by saying the band are not all that great music wise and start to look for faults in the band. I'm not saying you guys are like this, but just saying it as a general statement based on observation over the years.

Quote:
So you saying they are mind-blowing save for the fact they weren't original. What side are you on anyway? ... nevermind.
I'm on your side as always Led Zeppelin were mind blowing as well but not very original music wise either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
Sure pearl jam is not a great rock band but they are a better band than Nirvana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
I have heard other Nirvana songs that are not known but I can't recall since I don't care for rock music that much but maybe tomorrow I will tell you what "Nirvana" songs that I have heard.
Amazing how somebody that knows jack shite about rock music and has probably only heard a couple of songs off the radio by either band, can then make sweeping statements such as the above.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote