Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #102 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
When I say dilute, I'm referring to the fact that a lot of people go off certain bands when they become famous, because they get fed up hearing the band on the radio or tv etc. Quite often they defend their opinion by saying the band are not all that great music wise and start to look for faults in the band. I'm not saying you guys are like this, but just saying it as a general statement based on observation over the years.
I don't know, that's not me. I mean having exposure getting airtime on the radio and making appearances on tv isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes I get use to a band, and that can come from exposure. I have different criterea for what gets on my nerves. Maybe it's the over-zealous fans that turns some people away from liking a band idk. I try to ignore that kind of opinionated fan and same goes with the opinionated critic.

Quote:
I'm on your side as always Led Zeppelin were mind blowing as well but not very original music wise either.
It's if they like to steal cars just to turn them into pimpmobiles.

Quote:
Amazing how somebody that knows jack shite about rock music and has probably only heard a couple of songs off the radio by either band, can then make sweeping statements such as the above.
Franco was the John Mayer and the Kurt Cobain of African music. He was a player who killed himself by eating too much chicken. This is true, FPK said it many times.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote