Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #7695 (permalink)
Kelli
custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Well, the classics are always great... Herbie Hancock's Thrust and Head Hunters, and then Bitches Brew, On The Corner, A Tribute To Jack Johnson, and Live Evil by Miles Davis are all big, big albums in the fusion genre. I am big fans of all of them (Thrust might be my favorite album of all time, any genre).

There are plenty of other great albums and great artists, but this is a good place to start. I hope you aren't wanting any 80's stuff, because in general, I abhor jazz fusion from the 80's... if you are wanting anything from the 80's, go to Anteater, the guy is crazy about that crap.
Thanks. Am checking out one of the Herbie Hancock albums (specifically Head Hunters) right now. There's not any particular decade Im interested in, just any good artists that were important/popular in the genre. I have a bunch of early Chicago albums labeled 'jazz fusion' that I've always really liked but I've never explored the genre past that. Not sure if early Chicago (the first 2-3 albums) is even considered a good example of fusion but it's something I've always wanted to know more of & since you mentioned it I thought I'd ask! Not a big fan of any 80s music in general so I'd probably be more interested in the earlier stuff you recommended
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote