Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #1684 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I was going to continue with my mini review of your journal but I just happened to see this review of the Bad English debut. In many ways the album was the swansong of AOR for the 1980s and possibly the last classic album of its goldern period which were the 1980s. I think this is one of the very best AOR albums ever released and Howard R.I.P was also a huge fan of this album too and we spoke about it a couple of times.

Bad English were very much a Babys and Journey reunion with the members having been in either or both of those bands. Ricky Phillips had been in the Babys, but I really wouldn't call him a proper Styx member as such, as he's just a recent addition to the band since 2004 and since then they have only recorded one album.
Yeah, I noticed I also did that album in the "200 word album review" slot a while back, but thought it deserved a fuller review than I gave it there. Also, as I mentioned, I'm a bit pigged out on 2012 album reviews, so it's nice to take a step back and review albums I'm very familiar with.

I think BE's debut is an example of an instance when they really should have left it at the one; the followup wasn't anywhere near as good, and they broke up after it and went their separate ways (like the Journey quote?)