Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #18857 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post

MDC - Millions of Dead Cops / More Dead Cops

Well, I found this online, searched it on RYM and saw that bob gave it a 5/5. Queued up.
Brings back a lot of memories! One of the first Hardcore albums that introduced me to that world. Still friends with the one who introduced me to that band.

Sadly, I did not find Low, but at least I found Three Into One, the Ultravox collection of the John Foxx era. I used to have the first album on Cassette, but that went the way of a lot of my over-played tapes (Thankfully I bought it for a couple of dollars at least), so at least having a few of it's songs back into my collection is very cool. Being a UK album that was a costly import in The US, it did give me that feeling of being in a store with a well stocked selection and me with not much to spend on. I know a recent purchase of the other era's collection (the Midge Ure era) is going to be played less now.

In the Garden, Eurythmics first album was great to find as well. A German pressing with the ultra cool black and silver RCA label (The US RCA labels were pretty bland), this is the one that finishes up my essential collection of their music already having Sweet Dreams, Touch, and 1984.

Thomas Dolby's The Flat Earth was a pleasant listen. Although a little well-played, it was still in good condition, and a cut-out which met a perverse interest of mine (It did not do that well in The US).

Now over to The US and a look at Bomp!'s very cool Waves collection that was Vol. 1, presented in Jan. 1979, making it 34 years old! What was once new, indeed! Although the Detroit Music listener in me loved the sight of the pre-fame/pre-lame out Romantics in their hungry years, there were many more Power Pop sounds to drink up like 20/20 (one of the few LA New Wave bands that deserves more attention), The Last, Paul Collins (The founder of the other band called The Beat, which I think was called The US Beat in other places), and The Human Switchboard among others. It was also pressed in sky blue vinyl! (see attachment!)

Cheap Trick - One on One ("If You Want My Love" is still a classic!) and The Babys Anthology (one vinyl is good enough to hear John Waite before "Missing You") close out this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to-snapshot_20130112_2re.jpg  

Last edited by Screen13; 01-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote