Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #105 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName View Post
I don't believe this to be true. Replace the word magic with love. Now let's say you believed in love, craved for love, wanted love, expected love in return and then... fell in love. Perhaps you may have experienced something similar to this? Anyway, when you are in love, and that love is believed to be received back, your brain has so many more endorphins, so much more dopamine released that it actually provides a lot of further noticeable physical relief as well.

The level of happiness that is the norm for someone that believes in and believes they receive love is incredibly higher than those that do not. Now once you have been to Disneyland, why on earth would you want to just ride on the swings for the rest of your life?

Indeed, and if history is anything to go by, our current grasps of knowledge, truth, and free-thinking etc. will be laughed at in 1000 years, just like how many current "free-thinkers" laugh at the freest thoughts of the past millenniums. I believe there is ignorance in putting 100% faith behind anything and that includes science. Indeed science to me by definition is agnostic in that it accepts it can be proven wrong in the future, unlike many so-called scientists I have come across.

There is still a relative subjectiveness in objectivity. It's only a wave or a particle depending on the perceiver...

I'm sorry I just don't believe that. Think about when you go outside (if you live in the city) do you start laughing? Seriously, do you laugh when you see concrete? Because the Romans had concrete 2000 years ago.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote