Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #117 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_circumcision View Post
It's like I've actually encountered someone without cognitive abilities! What, is it impossible to have Techno music from outside of Detroit? What about House music outside Chicago? Is that OK? It's not like Grunge is a relation of some kind of (sub-)urban ennui specifically linked to Seattle (which is how you spell it, by the way) and Seattle alone the way that Chanson is, say, linked to French culture specifically by the language or Cajun by the specific combination of cultural artifacts (last I checked, distorted guitars were not a quintessentially Seattle thing that had no roots or influence elsewhere). But this kind of behavior should be expected from rock music genre snobs - the same types who can't make heads or tails of the differences between Romantic and Baroque compositions but believe that every five years a new form of rock music is born where there was none before.
I'm guessing he and Unknown Soldier are just joking about how so many people made a big deal about Stone Temple Pilots being included in the "90s Seattle-Era Band" thread.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote