Music Banter - View Single Post - aliens
Thread: aliens
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #184 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevokes View Post
i don't remember the last time i posted here, so, i'm sorry if at all i repeat myself.

two things keep me very open-minded when it comes to this debate.
1: space. there's so bloody much of it.
2: the exponential growth rate of information.

explained:
1: well, there's just a sh*t-tonne of space.
2: in a hundred years we went from the first cars and airplanes to having devices in our pockets capable of relaying all the information know to man to us. for thousands of years before that, relatively speaking, we really didn't know much.

to me, #2 is the kicker. and no, i'm not calling this evidence. imagine being part of humanity 100 years from now. the technological advancements have probably only been imagined by, like, 9 people, if that. so, if an intelligent alien race were 50,000 years ahead of us, it would just be nuts. now, you're probably thinking i'm talking about wormhole technology and stuff like that. call that a given. i'm talking about us. i'm talking about our ingenuity and our curiosity. we do really weird sh*t... like growing human ears on the sides of rats and mixing goat and spider dna... chasing the higgs boson. we push the envelope... ALWAYS. and we won't ever stop unless we die out. so, what the comparison i draw in my head is based on is the notion that 10,000... 50,000... maybe 100,000 years from now (maybe way sooner than all those figures) we will start doing what they were doing in hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. we will build planets. we will build life. and my comparison says to me personally that it's entirely possible that we are one such project.

not saying i believe it.
I agree.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote