Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #5435 (permalink)
gunnels
gun whales

Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Jesus Fuck tell me about it. I got a 320 gb hard drive for my 360 a few weeks ago and finally got around to installing Skyrim to it so it doesn't take forever to load. It does freeze up on occasion, but it's a Bethesda game and bugs are just part of the experience with them. Anyways I started a new character, a dark elf mage and doing the College of Winterhold questline was one of my first major quests and Mzulft was a massive pain in the ass. Even with my previous assassin character I always had trouble with Dwarven ruins, but my character was just not equipped to handle the Falmer or the dwarven spheres. I had not died at all prior to entering those ruins, but I must have died at least 15 times by the time I beat it.

Still despite all that my mage is a badass, although he is a bit of a mixed class as I've been leveling up my one-handed quite a bit with a war axe. I've never actually played as a magic user in any fantasy game besides World of Warcraft so there's a bit of a learning curve. A part of me kind of wants to start over again so I can make a couple of changes, but for the most part my character is doing pretty well.
The amount of times I died would be exponentially higher if I didn't invest a little bit into one-handed and block. Otherwise, when you run out of magicka and potions your only option would be to prance around like a jackass until it refills. Despite that, I do find magic users to be the most rewarding, even if it means I can't have a follower due to the splash damage of destruction spells. I still feel bad for burning my dog alive. =\
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany
gunnels is offline   Reply With Quote