Music Banter - View Single Post - The Best Game Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #136 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I've been meaning to actually buy Heavy Rain after I played the demo but I never got around to it.

I completely agree with Arkham Asylum... great damn game, even for people who might not be huge fans of Batman (I am, though).

I'm on the fence about Fallout 3... the whole time I played it I kept thinking "this is just like Oblivion but in the future... And with guns... I should love this" but it just never caught on for me. Maybe the atmosphere was just too depressing. And the ending severely pissed me off. Still haven't played New Vegas.

On that note, I finally picked up Skyrim... Wow. I shouldn't have done that... I have a thesis to write...
Get Heavy Rain, it's not your conventional video game in that the action sequences rely on controller skill and that the game revolves around trying to solve the case of the Origami Killer from 4 different characters perspectives. As you may imagine this can lead the game into so many different tangents with the many possible life or death choices you can make with each character. It's the most emotionally investing game I've ever played I think, you genuinely get into the characters and their stories.

Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2 were pretty close for me in which was better as both have many similarities in being fun adventure games that have their own unique personalities and traits. Uncharted's story, variety and re-playability edged it though.

It depends on what you want from a video game with Fallout 3. If you want to be engrossed in your own little world where you can do whatever the hell you want, it's for you. If you take it too seriously then, you're probably better off with Football Manager or something. I love Fallout 3 and am actually replaying it at the moment and rediscovering its magic.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote