Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #4122 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
It's only controversial because players who just play quick and often simple passes around the pitch aren't appreciated by most football fans. Whereas players like Gerrard - who has been World Class in the past - is praised for "having a go" at some ridiculous passes/shots which is completely selfish play. This is something that is frowned upon in possession based styles of play, which you would assume Rodgers is going for.

I think I have stuck up for Allen around three times as well. Hardly anything to get annoyed about, I just rate him. I was also somebody who rated Lucas from the moment he joined Liverpool because I appreciated what he brought to the team, even if the vast majority of people took three years to finally grasp it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Gerrard's (missed) shot that set up the goal for Liverpool in the first place? And every time I heard Joe Allen's name called in the commentary it was to the tune of "Oooh! Bad pass by Allen!" or "Allen gives away the ball!" I didn't once hear him get any praise.