Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #4123 (permalink)
Face
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Stats - That's fine, although I compare them to a bikini. You can fill in that joke yourself.

Ratings - Not sure what you mean by that.

Pundits - Their opinion is no more valid than your own, especially when it comes from an ex-pro or a hack.
Well general statements of opinion from me wouldn't do anything to change your mind would it?

Stats help when you seem to think allen is making loads of excellent short passes helping the game. He's making fewer passes than the other midfielders, shorter passes, no assists, lost possession more often and poor clearances.

Ratings, he's consistently rated lower than the others anywhere you look by fans and "official" ones.

True, their opinion isn't more valid. But if I remember correctly in another thread you said you consider yourself to have better football acumen than most? When the vast majority of people watching, commentators, former players, and analysers of football day in and out share an opinion you don't share it can sometimes be an indicator you might not be right, especially if the stats back them up.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote