Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #100 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
This is a little off topic but couldn't think of another place for it.

I just watched this:

How To Make Your Lead Guitar Solos Sound Awesome - YouTube

I thought It was a very interesting way to think about the topic. At first I thought it was a pretty simple idea, just learn your key notes.

I think my guitar being out of tune had something to do with it, but when I tried this I found it wasn't so simple. I couldn't really make any single note sound very good, not as good as they did in this video. I guess I have some work to do.

What do you guys think of this? And you, plank?
In all, it's a pretty good lesson. But to me, there is a fine line between teaching, and imposing your will upon an unsuspecting star struck kid that couldn't play a note to save his Mom's life because he's about to **** himslef with fear.

lol

Actually, it's a good disciplined approach. He DID use his trem, doubledpicked a note that was supposed to one, and planked a string at one point though. He shoulda just let that kid fly... but that would have killed the lesson.

I know, I'm nit picking. lol For me, it's all about experimentation, and I've done the One Note thing, as well as the Two Note thing, just out of necessity. Have one guitar next to me, and pluck out a G, and play the one in my lap. For hours.