Music Banter - View Single Post - Contact with thread starter before a thread is closed
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

You seriously want to deny Urban his thread-closing fetish??

Actually, I just think this would be putting extra work on mods. If someone is in a thread, and wants it to continue they should themselves realise it's going off-topic and bring it back, although sometimes this isn't possible. I think the time potentially wasted by contacting people -- and let's remember, not everyone is a loser like me with nowhere else to go and so is here every day --- could be more profitably spent.
Also, don't forget many closed threads are started by someone who posed a question and then ****ed off, never to be seen again. Who then do the mods contact in that case?

I think threads are usually shown to be ready for closing or on the verge of being closed before the axe falls, although I do know Urban prowls the forum looking for unsuspecting threads he can brutalise and close, disappearing back into the thick soupy fog of old London Town...

Personally, I think you're maybe (maybe) asking too much, but then I'm not a mod and it wouldn't really affect me, so what am I doing answering this? You know what? You're right. Seeya!