Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats the inspiration behind your music?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
ZeyerGTR
Groupie

Because it speaks to the basic human condition - down-to-earth humanity. It gets to the point. I certainly dig lots of other genres, but I always come back to blues. It makes me feel good... or at least feel better. Whether it's an up blues or a down blues, as Albert King said, it's all to soothe. In the end, I just connect with the groove and the feel of blues. Whether it's delta blues, Chicago blues, or something more modern and crossed with jazz or rock like Robben Ford or Joe Bonamassa, there's something about the rhythm and attack of the music that speaks to me.

I also really like guitar-centric music, and blues certainly has a lot of that.

This isn't a response to anyone on this thread, but blues is one of those things that you could call "easy to learn, difficult to master." Anyone can play "some blues licks" but it's going to sound terrible and not very convincing. I've heard a bunch of guitar players on other forums say how easy it is to play blues, but then you ask them to share a clip and it sounds awful - no vibrato, no feel, rhythmically sterile. There's subtlety in blues that can be difficult to get *right*.
ZeyerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote