Music Banter - View Single Post - Jodie Foster officially declares that she is a lesbian in a emotional speech
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #75 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I always assumed that the US was like this, very liberal cities contrasting with very conservative cities regarding sexual liberties. So what is being said here, is that the southern states are still very conservative in these issues, but are there not exceptions like New Orleans or Miami for example, or is the difference not as clear cut as I've been led to believe?
Yeah, but cities tend to be more liberal even in the south. I'm from Hampton Roads, which has the biggest naval base in the world, so we're pretty metropolitan, and there's plenty of comparatively liberal people here. You have the lower class rednecks who're conservative, but middle class and above are a lot more mixed. Hell, they don't even have southern accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
sex with a guy is by definition the gayest thing you can ever do.
Obviously having sex with a dude is a homosexual act, but that doesn't mean that you are gay yourself. If I had to choose, I'd definitely identify myself as straight, but when you're drunk, it's all just friction in the end.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.