Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #5438 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Was Mzulft the mage with the dragon mask at the end of College of Winterhold? If so, MOTHER OF GOD that was unreasonably difficult. As a mage I found it virtually impossible to kill the guy on normal difficulty at the time, and didn't feel like trekking all the way back through the cavern to level up and come back later, so it was the one time I cheated and brought the level down.

And imo mages can be just as awesome as warriors if you really take advantage of the enchanting skills. That way you can actually wear armor and survive more than one arrow to the knee.
No Mzulft was the dwemer ruins where you have to try and get to the observatory and use flame and frost to meld this piece of machinery back into place so you can deflect this beam of light to create a map and figure out where the Staff of Magnus was. I really dislike exploring dwemer ruins because I never seem to find anything I want along the way and they just seem to stretch on for ever.

As for that last battle to get the Staff of Magnus, it took me a couple of tries, but after the pain that was Mzulft, I decided to enlist Lydia's help for that trek. I found an exploit where the guy would pretty much always stay out of cover, even when I had to pop back into cover for my magicka to regenerate and found that I could kill him pretty easily with Fireballs and the Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson I got from an earlier quest. Unfortunately, Lydia decided that a frontal assault was the best maneuver and I couldn't perform Healing Hands on her without having to get out of cover and possibly mess up the exploit, so she died. I have been leveling up my Conjuration though, so I may see if there's a way to bring someone back as a permanent zombie.

As for warrior mages... I've actually really only been using robes up until now, with a piece of Elven Armor enchanted for Destruction spells. I've also decided to shuck conventional weapons in favor of Conjuring weapons in order to level up my Conjuration skill as well as my one-handed, but I am a bit miffed that I can't conjure a war axe, only a battleaxe and a sword.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote