Music Banter - View Single Post - RPG Geeks
Thread: RPG Geeks
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I absolutely love the Final Fantasy series. I've played all of them except XI (for obvious reasons). In fact, I'll go ahead and rank them here:

VI > X > XIII > VII > IX > V > VIII > III > XII > IV > II > I > X-2 > XIII-2

The last 4 in the list I didn't finish. The Final Fantasy series walks a fine line of being wayy too Japanese for me...XIII-2 crossed that line and I couldn't get over it. It's a shame, too, because the time travel aspect is pretty cool. Usually you can dilute the cheesiness with extra characters (as long as there is a badass like Auron around), but XIII-2 had 2 characters - the most annoying minor character from XIII and some dude that was as far from badass as you could get in this series. And now they are making a XIII-3...come on! Let's get the X remake out already.

I guess what I love about the series is the story. It's never short of epic...the world always almost ends (or it actually does) and you always get attached to the characters. That's what was amazing about VI...there were so many but you liked every single one of them. Just the fact that you need so many characters in these games helps make it feel like you really are saving the world from some epic evil. Plus, even the shortest one ranks in at around 40 hours of gameplay. That's a lot of story.

As for Elder Scrolls...either you like it or you don't, I guess. I'm surprised you don't like them if you like Fallout 3, though. I am actually flipped...I love Elder Scrolls, but I'm not a big fan of Fallout.

Other RPGs I like:

The Diablo Series, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Dungeon Siege, Deus Ex
Ugh. FF XIII is WAAAAY too high on your list, game did not deliver

Anyone else hear about that new game that came out for the PS3, NI no Kuni? Looks and sounds pretty awesome I wish I had a PS3
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote