Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #194 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Great description, I adore Uriah Heep but they didn't always have a hit with every album. I really wish I was brought up during the 50's so I could rock out in the 60's and 70's as a lass. If I could go to one place in a time machine it would be woodstock of 69'. I would drop acid, chuck on my hippy dress and swim in the lake while delicious music played.
Thanks, it's especially impressive when one of my basic write-ups gets praised, I must be doing something right.

Most of the bands that have featured here, are just like any other bands. Besides having plenty of highs they've also had plenty of lows, but in the case of Deep Purple and Uriah Heep it was quite drastic given the quality albums that they had put out in 1972. In fact Deep Purple's Who Do You Think We Are is a far blander album than Uriah Heep's Sweet Freedom.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote